Welcome to the sHeroe’s Journey Podcast©, a podcast for sHeroes and the people who love them. I’m Pamela Prather and for over twenty years, I have been empowering actors, executives, and curious humans with tools to unlock their voices and tell their stories.
in this episode, I speak with Rachael Sessions. Rachael is a devotional singer, mother, and shamanic practitioner. Her voice is a gift and transmits prayer, peace and possibility. She has released two full length albums of medicine music and continues her work worldwide with her children and beloved partner.
- Shamnaistic healer, guide, visionary, and a mom
- Medicine carrier/woman her voice, her visions, her wisdom to share
- 12 years ago in NYC as a student she had a moment, in a yoga class, that jolted her and made her take the training
- The past year a lot of people have had to acknowledge the “dark side” of everything around us, and ourselves
- For shamanic folk, they look at the elemental things in order to understand things and ourselves. Most in nature is dark, empty, void. Natural balances. Dark is also just the unknown, the un-illuminated, not yet known.
- How do we illuminate the dark? Helping others with purification. Purify yourself, you don’t have to go through all of the challenges, all of the mud. Think of yourself and your world as a kaleidoscope, with all of the different outside invasions, media, society, etc. Purify yourself and get to your innermost self
- Some things that stop people from getting to those inner most caves: familial problems, trauma, self doubt, no confidence. The other side is over confidence, arrogance
- How to find time to journey inward? So little time, with all of life’s responsibilities. In order to contribute to the great good of what is your purpose, you need to make sure that you are being good to yourself in order to function and be a part of the greater good you are servicing. Take time for yourself, and ask for help, and realize that you are not meant to do it all alone.
- On surrendering, it is more a deep state of acceptance. It is a feeling of feeling loved and accepted, and surrendering to others. How can I open more deeply? Sometimes the mind is too limited, and you need to expand beyond that. How can I more deeply receive this act of surrender, of opening?
- She was a young mother, at 23. She felt that it was supposed to be a “gift from the divine”, and it didn’t always feel like that. She was “not ready”
- How do you accept the disconnect between the head and the heart? It was hard to, as a new mother, accept the “death” of the former self. When leading others on a path, she sees in others a reluctance to accept and grieve the “death” of all that you used to be, before you can accept the “birth” of the new
- Husband died 6 years ago, she was pregnant at the time. It was a true initiation, some really dark potentials and a dark cave. The shamanistic community is not immune to jealousy and greed, like all other communities. It can feel more acute because these individuals are really focused on seeing the truth. It was hard to navigate and move forward. It took a long time, and she did try to rush through it, but she appreciated how long the journey took.
- Whenever you are on the path, there is no mistake of the “hell yes” moment to go into the cave
LINKS AND INFORMATION