Welcome to the sHeroe’s Journey Podcast©, a podcast for sHeroes and the people who love them. I’m Pamela Prather and for over twenty years, I have been empowering actors, executives, and curious humans with tools to unlock their voices and tell their stories.
Today’s episode begins with: The Ordinary World. We focus on the beginning, seeing where we are, staring the journey and imagining the future. I spoke with Tiffany Rachelle Stewart (a bi-racial Black identifying Broadway actress and NYU professor about her project, The Listening 2020. She, along with her partner Tyler Rivenbark (a white-identifying educator and playwright), are saying the things that often go unsaid around white allyship, and delivering those messages in a way that emboldens and empowers. I also speak with my 11-year-old son in a segment called “Me & The Kid”, where he shares his perspective on starting a new journey.
- A little history behind my passion project, The sHeroe’s Journey
- New beginnings
- Tiffany Rachelle Stewart and her project: The Listening 2020
- What it means to be an ally
- How Tyler Rivenbark has actionized his position as an ally
- What The Listening is all about
- Is The Listening a place for parents and people who might be ashamed?
- How to slowly dismantle racism
- Different generations, instant gratification, and how we can learn to make big changes
- How Tiffany is encouraging the sustainability of action
- Tiffany’s personal epiphanies around self-growth and facing personal gremlins
- Paralyzing ourselves and not staying malleable
- Things we can do to truly teach our kids about diversity
- Tiffany’s goals for the future
- Me and The Kid: Starting new journeys
Contact Info for sHeroes Journey:
Website: sHeroes Journey
Instagram: @sHeroes Journey
Contact Info for Tiffany Rachelle Stewart:
Other links to things we talked about: